Friday, December 25, 2020

Another Poem to Venus




Here, in this poem, I again write to the Roman goddess, Venus. Venus was known as Aphrodite to the ancient Greeks. I frequently use the Roman names of gods as they were the names used by most writers in Medieval English literature. 



Venus, your beauty does blind the sun, 

Your caring charm is inferior to none, 

In all of your sweet splendor,  

You do find grace for those under.


Jupiter has long desired you for wife, 

Indeed, none can resist your sight, 

For you, the gods will fight, 

each is tested by his might. 


At your first appearance, 

I did adore you in an instance, 

You are the golden prize of Mount Olympias, 

For you, I will go the great and long distance. 


I do wonder when, 

your grace I will win. 





10 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.